Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's not jealousy. Really.

As we speak, Hannah is packing her bags into a bus that will take her to San Francisco. That, in itself, is cool enough. But alas, from there Hannah is flying to *deep breathe* I.S.R.A.E.L. That's right, the Holy Land. Hannah, you are going to have the best time. Ever. Well, besides Haiti. :)

So, that got me thinking. If I had 5 free tickets to ANYWHERE in the world, where would I go? And so, it follows. Ahem.

1) Israel. It's true. I'd be on the trip with Hannah. Israel has been #1 on my travel destination list for sometime now, and while it'll probably be awhile before I ever actually get to go there, it's staying at the top.
2) Turkey. You've all heard me talk enough about Turkey, so I won't even explain. :)
3a)Afghanistan. Now, this one's contingent on whether or not Rory Stewart will be there to guide me through it all. Because just 'blond me' + 'Afghanistan'= Danger
3b) Since 3a calls for my relience on someone I don't know, we'll add another option in for 3 (it's not cheating, really). New York City. I've never been, and it kinda makes my head hurt. Normally, it would, without a doubt, be on the top 5 list, but since there's a stagehand strike on Broadway, I wouldn't be able to see Sutton Foster in Young Frankenstein. So what's the point of going to NYC? Wait, there's more to NYC than Broadway? Hmmm. Interesting.
Let's move beyond the Middle East, shall we? We shall.
4) Japan. I've always wanted to go to Japan, and after the Patterson's spoke in church last Sunday, I want to go to Japan even more. But, I'm going to take the Wright's with me. No questions asked.
5)Paris, France. While I've been to France, I've never been to Paris. I had a picture of the Eiffel Tower on my wall when I was a little girl, and it was the place I always dreamed of visiting.

Okay everyone. Roll call. What are your top 5 travel destiniations, whether you've been there or not!????

11 comments:

Lisa said...

Great discussion starter blog...

Mine are not necessarily in any particular order, but they are numbered anyway:

1) Italy/Sicily. This is my heritage and I really want to go there to experience it fully.
2) UK & Ireland. I've had a love affair with Big Ben and all things Celtic from a very young age. Also there is the great yarn.
3) Egypt. I need to see pyramids.
4) Paris, France in which I will kiss Stephen on top of the Eiffel Tower. Cheesey romantic, I know. Plus all the fashion.
5) Berlin, Germany. My other heritage. Plus there are many great German yarn companies.

In every travel destination I want to locate some kind of fiber or fabric company and buy stuff to knit or sew with. It will make the trip that much more special.

Ruth said...

Oh man. I'm not sure about the order but I think these are my top 5:

1. Norway. Actually, anywhere in the arctic will do, as long as I can see the Northern Lights. But Northern Norway is about as arctic as you can get.

2. Taiwan. I already want to go back. *sigh* And how in the world did we miss this place?
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/lf/111407moderntoilet/im:/071113/photos_ts/2007_11_13t163918_450x320_us_food_taiwan_toilet;_ylt=AuG_pjoT.NHkRlFkC1lIOcSaK8MA?sp=6000&auto=yes

3. China. I am dying to see the great wall and the countryside and the places I have only read about in books.

4. Israel. This has also been on my list. One day it will be our turn to go, Morgan!!

5. Can I lump the rest of Europe together as one choice? I know it's kind of cheating but there are several countries there that I want to visit and none of them really outrank the others.

Oh yeah. And I guess I should put visiting you guys on this list too! Your place is SO a top destination!!

Anissa Nishira said...

hmmm....don't know if I can come up with an order right this second but here goes:

1)Berlin, Germany. It is not enough to spend 9 hours there. I feel ridiculously jipped b/c I loved all the amazing history there in just the past 50 years! I love all things German....seriously.

2)Australia. I've wanted to go there since I can remember. I don't know why...but it seems like a stinkin cool place.

3)London. Once again, I just feel jipped. 2 weeks was not long enough. And the history amazes me (I should have been a history major apparently).

4)Turkey. I mean I've been friends with you, MJ, and been around Keri S. and went to CBU so it was pretty much inevitable that I get the Turkey bug, ya know!! sigh...some day.

5)last but not least: New England. Yea...I really wanna go to Boston and such....preferably in the fall.

Lisa said...

I tagged you. See my blog.

Morgan Jane said...

Lisa-Egypt would definitely be in my top 10. And kissing our husbands on top of the Eiffel Tower is not cheesy, it's super romantic! Work it!

Ruth-I am SOOOOO glad we didn't eat at that place. Those pictures made me want to vomit. And I can eat pretty much anything, you know that! As for visiting us...get up here!

Anissa- You want to go to New England? Just make sure you hit up the Eiffel Tower while you're there...ha ha ha.

Jen said...

Ok. Here they are:
1)Australia-Love it. Want to honeymoon there.
2)The Galapagos Islands-I'm not a Charles Darwin freak I promise!
3)Brazil-It just seems so exotic.
4)Pompeii-Honestly. How insane is that place?
5)Missouri-This needs no explanation.
You crack me up M. :o)

Michael said...

No lie- I posted a blog on my page about this blog. There you go.

Anonymous said...

Okay lets see..
1. Italy, I mean I almost got to go next year and now that's all I can think about!
2. Japan. I've always wanted to go there to see all of the places my parents have talked about. And now with some of my friends going next year I really want to go!
3. New Zealand. It looks like such a nice place to relax and hang out, plus Lord of the Rings was filmed there, How cool is that?!?!
4. Israel. What can I say, that place would be amazing! And once Hannah gets back from there and talks my ear off about it I know I'll want to go even more!
5. Only once place left? I guess there are to many places I want to see!! So this one is a tie between New York and England. I want to go to both so bad! And when I go to England I want Hannah there and for New York I want Morgan with me:)

Morgan Jane said...

Britt + Morgan + NYC=Fun Craziness. Let's do it.

Anonymous said...

First off..is I.S.R.A.E.L. some kind of new acronym, and if so, what does it stand for?
As to my list:

1)Boston: just to keep it real with my Irish Peeps
2) Ireland, because at the end of the day, Boston just aint going to cut it. Although, the poetical side of my just wants to be buried there, without ever having seen the land. Something darkly awesome about that.
3) New York. I hate to say it, being a Cali boy all the way...but its pretty sweet.
4) Thailand. Seems exotic. I like exotic.
5) Italy. Gotta love them Romans

And for your added viweing pleasure, 5 places i wouldn't go to if you paid me an uproarious amount of money:
1) Las Vegas. What a dive.
2) Paris. So cliche, and chock-a- bock full of Frenchmen. (Counterpoint: full of frenchwomen...)
3) China. That place holds no allure for me. Despite having dated a Chinese girl. Also, Communism.
4) Mexico. Basically, its just a bigger version of Northwest Santa Maria.
5) Northern Europe. I mean really...why?
~Parker

Kirstin said...

Yay! Where I would love to go:
1) England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales--good thing this is being taken care of this next year or I would burst!
2) Israel--I have always wanted to visit there as well.
3) Germany--is it weird that I want to see concentration camps? I am so morbid. And I would also love to learn more about my family too.
4) Egypt and South Africa (I'm putting these together since they are both in Africa, albeit on opposite ends).
5) Russia--I love Russian history and I want to see it all.

Oh how I love to travel! I would love to also see China, Turkey, Italy, Greece, and Prince Edward Island (maybe for my honeymoon? HA!!).