So, this week, Jon (being the sweet guy he is) took me on a date. But, this wasn't just any date. He took me to see 'Enchanted'. Now that's commitment. I really wanted to see this movie, and I really enjoyed it. It's the typical Disney princess movie, but done very modern and with just the slightest amount of mockery at the genre they perfected. And that's what makes it so fun. Amy Adams is PHENOMENAL as Gisele. And McDreamy is wonderful, Idina Menzel (oh how I love thee Idina...) is a great addition, and the little girls name is Morgan. What more could I want? And you know how every little girl has a Disney Princess she wants to be? I never had that, but now I do. I mean, Giselle sings, and she's a seamstress. Hello??? Oh, and when I was looking for an image of Enchanted, look what I found?
It's a McDreamy doll! Now I know what to get Britt for Christmas!After that we went to Olive Garden thanks to a gift card from our friend Brian. Thanks Brian! After dinner the date ended because we went to Britt's to watch 'Hairspray'! I've been dying to see this since it came out, but being gone for Thanksgiving we never had time to get together and watch it. I'm really glad I finally got to, though. It was super cute and I really enjoyed it. I knew the whole soundtrack, so it was interesting to see how the songs actually fit in verses how the movie played out in my head. Nikki Blonsky was wonderful as Tracy, she played the role so well. Zac Efron was hysterical, he cracked me up and I totally loved him as cocky but loveable Link. Seaweed was my favorite though, his voice is just AMAZING. I was disappointed with Amanda Bynes though. She was cute, and acted the part well, but it's a musical people. Hire someone who can sing. Sorry Parker.
On Wednesday night we all headed up to SLO for SWITCHFOOT! I hadn't seen Switchfoot perform since, ummm, 2002 maybe? It was high time for a show. And they didn't disappoint. Reliant K opened for them, and they were actually really fun. They had written a song about 'The Office', and then went into the theme of the show. So awesome. Switchfoot rocked, it was so stinkin' amazing. They're so talented, and put on such a great show, and Jon has such a stinkin' amazing voice. After the show we waited in the meet and greet line for Switchfoot, but couldn't get in. But then Jerome saw me and got us in, woo hoo! I hadn't seen Jerome since right after I got back from Turkey. That feels like forever ago! It was so fun to see him and have him meet Jon and Britt, and just catch up on old times. We also got to meet Jon Foreman, that was pretty sweet. This picture's stolen from Britt's myspace because she hasn't sent it to me yet. Ahem. So good times all around, and three cheers for Switchfoot. Cheers, cheers, cheers!
Yesterday I woke up and had a wicked migrane. So I stayed home from work and read and drank coffee all day. It was actually amazing. My head didn't hurt too bad if I stayed laying down...so that's what I did all day. I think I really needed it. I woke up super refreshed today. So, yeah for migranes!I hope you all had as good of a week as I did. Oh! And welcome back Hannah! Hope the Holy Land was, well, enchanting!

5 comments:
All of that sounds like so much fun!! Except for the migrane part. Those suck. I'm glad that your day ended up being so nice though! Sometimes there is nothing better than being able to just lay around. Especially when it is cold outside and snuggly inside. Yum.
A McDreamy doll, just what I've always wanted!
What an amzing week, I got to go on a date with a sexy lady who was finally able to find out who her true Disney pricess is. It was tough to get movie tickets...I mean there were like 15 people in the theater...it was packed with empty seats. :) Here is a little synopsis of the movie (spoiler warning) McDreamy had a McChild and was dating McElphaba until McPrincess came along and asked him "...how does she know you McLove her..." McPrincess taught McDreamy about true McLove, then McPrince came along to find McPrincess after McEvil McWitch McBanished her. McDreamy falls in McLove with McPrincess and dumps McElphaba. McPrice in sadened with the McLoss of his Mclove, but falls in McLove with McElphaba, and everyone live McHappily McEver McAfter...well except for the McEvil McWitch who dies a McTerrible death. Such an amazing film. :) For some reason now I have a huge desire to spray hairpray all around in the air and breathe it in...mmmmm...hairspary good. Should I do my hair like Link? Oh lets go to Baltimore. I want to go be on the Corny Collins show, oh can we. :) Switchfoot was amazing. Such a fun show. I love the accoustics of the Cal Poly rec center. Cleary designed for concerts, haha. My favorite part was all the girls next to us yelling at Jerome in unison, as if it was not already loud engough I needed a bunch of girls counting to 3 and screamning. Oh the fun of seeing rockstars in concert. :) We need to plan that trip to Riverside to get some of Jeromes good vegetarian food. Such an amazing week. Your headache is gone and the weekend was a sucess. Yay for life and love. I love you baby. :)
Oh my goodness Jon. That had to take so much time, I can't even believe it. But I laughed very hard, so it was all worth it...I don't have to sing "How does she know..." because I do know! By the way, I love that you called her McElphaba...ha!
I love you and I miss you and if I dont see you soon then I'm going to burst! just thought you should know..but I LOVE reading your blog!
Post a Comment