-Learn to make the perfect pie. My body is a tool for science, and I will gladly gorge myself in this attempt.
-Learn to make the perfect batch of sweet tea. Not achingly sweet, but just perfect.
-Eat dinner outside at least 3 times a week, with one of these preferably being a picnic. What says summer more than a picnic? Nothing. (Also need to search for the perfect picnic basket. Let me know if you find something amazing and wonderful.)
-Make the perfect summer quilt/blanket (most likely to be used for the afore-mentioned picnics). I've been scheming this up in my head often, and have some fun ideas. Am very excited to dive into this one. Am also excited because this involves scouring the thrift stores for the perfect, vintage fabrics with which to make said quilt.-Read summery books. I looked through my goodreads, and have found 8 books that are perfect summer reading, and they're all books I haven't read, and most of them are books I own. Most. Included in this is my goal to read all the 'Anne of Green Gables' series. I own the first one, and know I read it as a child, but cannot remember if I read the others. I do remember watching the movies, but that hardley counts. (If anyone is interested in a summer-y book club, let me know. Books are always more fun when you can discuss them with others.)
- Go to the beach. Okay, since I've moved here, I've been to the beach, like, twice to go swimming. Sure, I go there every once in awhile to hang out, but I want to actually enjoy the beach this summer and experience it.
-Home projects, but those are boring to discuss. But, keep an eye out at our place for exciting new changes. (In other related news, we need a hip name for our pad. Please submit your ideas to myself or Jon. Thank you.)-Knit. I have some unfinished projects that are begging for completion.
-Finish the Old Testament.
I'm sure there's more, but that's what I'm remembering at the moment. So, what are your goals for summer?
PS. Sorry for no Journey postings yet. I haven't gone through my photos yet, and it was a crazy week.
PPS. Britt's in Japan. So excited for her, and a little jealous. She's pretty much the reason I had a crazy week because I hung out with her everyday in preperation for our 3 week seperation. Therefore, all anger can be directed at her, which should be no problem because she's out of the country.
PPPS. 'In the Heights' won best Musical at the Tony's last night. Super excited.

6 comments:
We got a really cool picnic basket as a wedding present. It came from Olcotts here in Bako. It has four plates, four mugs, and silverware for four people. It's pretty cool. We really should try to get more use out of it though. I say we cross off two of your goals and have a 4th of July picnic on the beach. We'll bring the basket. :) Well, actually I need to make sure I'm still allowed to travel at that point. I'm all about natural birth, but I'm sure you guys would rather stay out of it. Hehe.
Oh, I wish we were going to be here! We'll be on the cruise at that point, but this summer we definitely need to do a picnic, perhaps with Jillian!
i LOVE the anne of green gable books!!!! so fun i read them a couple years ago and kinda wish i had them so i could read them again : )
ok i just realized i'm commenting on your blog as i'm in the middle of writing you a message.haha
i'll go finish that message now...
Anger at me? Thanks alot morgan.. and seeing the anne of green gables movies don't count because the books are completly different from the movie as I recall. The first one is pretty much the same but they get off track after that...
The beach sounds wonderful, when I come home we should go together:) Right now it's pouring rain so the idea of a warm sunny beach is kind of wonderful, but I'm not complaining.. the rain is nice.
well I shall see you in a few weeks morgan..
I miss you:)
-Brittany mae
Yay for Anne of Green Gables! I love all of the books.
Sweet tea sounds SO good right now by the way...it's hot!
To read the "Anne of Green Gables" has been a summer project for me for a REALLY long time! I tried it one summer, but didn't get through all of them...I would love to try again and you know that I am always up for a summer book club. Any excuse that I can get to read books I'm gonna take! :)
Post a Comment