Thursday, February 14, 2008

All you need is...

L.O.V.E.

Well, Happy Valentines Day to you all. As the most commercialized of all holidays (in my opinion), let's go the heart of the matter, shall we?

Love. It's pretty stinkin' good. And I'm not just talking about the lovey-dovey, grow old together, his and her matching towels, kind of love. I mean all kinds of love. The ancient Greeks had 4 words for love, that's how important it was to them. (For a good explanation on these, read The Four Loves by C.S. Lewis. Brilliant.) Anyway, love.

God's love is so amazing. I know that's so cliche to say, but really think about it. He's constantly been reminding me of his love and forgiveness lately, that even though I'm wreched, he still loves me. Really loves me. Died for me because He loves me. And even though I'm aware of this fact, I forget it, or don't act on it, or ignore it. And guess what? He still loves me! I know, so wierd. But quite wonderful. I think we should focus on this kind of love most of all.

But he's given us other kinds of love, so here's my shout out to them.
-Jon. You really do make me smile everyday. I'm continually blessed by you as you grow, encourage, challenge, and even make fun of me. Although you could let up on that last one...I wouldn't mind. :) I love you, babe.
-My friends. Sigh. I truly do have the best friends in the world. I can't shout out to all of you, but you know who you are. You each challenge a different part of me, and continually strive to make me a better person. You really are the best people around.
(Okay, here's where the list gets less series...)
-My love for reading. Silly, yes. But oh so series. My latest obesession? The Twilight Series. I'm so in love with them it's almost embaressing. Almost.
-Milk Tea. Don't judge. You know you love it, too.
-Hairspray. I had no idea a movie could make me laugh more each time I watch it.
-Sun. I'm a fall, rainy, weather type of girl. But living in So. Cal for so long apparently made me like the sun a bit. It's nice having it around now.
-Green, what a great color.

I'm sure there's more, but that's enough for now. Instead of talking about those things, I should experience them...so, in honor of love, do something you love today. Get Starbucks, go to the beach, eat Thai food (or peanut butter and jelly in Michael's case...), read Harry Potter. Just do something. Have a great, LOVELY, day.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I love you Morgan!!!

Jen said...

I do love a pair of matching towels.