Morgen. It's everywhere. It's in the hands of every German that can read via the Berliner Morgenpost. It's on the lips of old whizened men and young rambunctious 'kinders' shouting 'Guten Morgen!'. It even is so persistent as to stay around longer than morning time. It is now a friendly greeting, a 'hey' if you will. Morgen is everywhere.

So it's really wierd that the German's couldn't pronounce my name.
They would ask what my name was, and I would respond, "Morgan". I was then met with blank stares, and attempts of pronunciation. "Moor..." "Morg-..." The confusion was always cleared up when I said, "Guten MORGEN". "Ah! Guten Morgen! Yah, yah..." I love it.
But that is not truly the point of this blog. The point is that my dear friend, Anissa, is leaving TODAY for Germany for 6 weeks. I am so excited for her. Berlin was my first love. It was my first mission trip, and my first overseas adventure. How could I not love it. It was the beginning. Because of my trip to Berlin I am who I am today. (Cheesy, but it's true). There is something so seductive about that city, it traps you in. So Anissa, I wish you a trip of joy, grace, love, and fun as you enjoy one of the coolest countries around. My homeland, Deutschland.
But that is not truly the point of this blog. The point is that my dear friend, Anissa, is leaving TODAY for Germany for 6 weeks. I am so excited for her. Berlin was my first love. It was my first mission trip, and my first overseas adventure. How could I not love it. It was the beginning. Because of my trip to Berlin I am who I am today. (Cheesy, but it's true). There is something so seductive about that city, it traps you in. So Anissa, I wish you a trip of joy, grace, love, and fun as you enjoy one of the coolest countries around. My homeland, Deutschland.

1 comment:
I love your picture at the beginning of your blog. It's beautiful. I would love to travel to Germany one of these. Maybe someday...
Post a Comment